Wednesday, November 5, 2008

MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY - HALLOWEEN!!!!


Tom might kill me for adding this picture. I love to dress up and the costumes I had planned didn't work out in time for our Halloween parties. I had the mullet wig and so we went with it from there. We have seven family members with birthdays in October. This year we had three Halloween/Birthday parties!


I bought this Power Ranger costume two days before Halloween! This is what he went as trick or treating. It was fairly warm, but not warm enough for a wrestling suit.


Most of my hand-me-down costumes require face painting and Cael wasn't about to let us do that. He said he would be afraid to look at himself in the mirror. I found this old wrestling suit and thought it would go well with Morgan being a cheerleader. He agreed so we went with it.

Morgan is our cheerleader. Go Cavemen! Morgan is taking a tumbling class right now and loves it. She is always asking me to watch her do a front hand spring and other tricks.


Cody was Captain Jack Sparrow - he hated this costume and having his face painted. My sister bought this costume on clearance with Cody in mind. I think he looks great! After the costume parade at school, he took most of his costume off and washed his face make-up.


What a good sport! Cole is willing to do most anything when it comes to dressing up. I think he looks awesome as the Joker! I let him keep his hair long for this costume. Tom always does the make-up. Tom actually went into work late so he could paint the kids faces before school. I think it would put me over the edge. What a good husband!


I absolutely love Halloween. It is my favorite holiday! I love to be scared. I remember begging my mom as a kid to rent me scary movies. My mom let me have parties all the time. When I was twelve I had a Halloween party and begged her to rent the first Friday the 13th movie(it was rated PG-13). What was she thinking? I discovered haunted houses in High School and I can't get enough of them. I just love the thrill of the scare. My mom and I go to a haunted house every year(Like mother, like daughter). After I watch something scaring, it doesn't stay with me. I don't usually get freaked out later. I love finding the perfect costumes for my kids. And of course I like to dress up too. When the kids were younger, we usually had them dress up as Halloween characters(vampire, frankie, mummy, skeleton, etc.). Tom is a great artist with the face paint. Anyway, we had another great year! The kids all got way too much candy. Cody was able to trick or treat with his friend Gage. Then he caught up later with Cole and his friends and they were out until about 9:00pm. They only hit half of Harvest Hills(garbage sack full). Morgan went around with her friend Emily and had a great time. I followed Cael and the kids around until Cael was done. He went strong for about an hour. I was surprised how well he kept up with the big kids. When he was done he wouldn't walk another step. I carried him home. Tom was at JHS football game. He didn't get home until about 8:00. When I went trick or treating with the kids, I left the bowl of candy on the porch. It was fun going around and visiting with all my friends. What a great neighborhood we live in! Some friends invited us over for chili after trick or treating. We had a great night!

8 comments:

Misty Anderson said...

I love yours and Toms costume the best that is hilarious!!!

LaNae said...

Your hair was great in the picture of you and Tom!

Where did you get Morgan's red pom-poms? I'm going to need some for Mack for next year.

kamikae said...

I love all of your costumes! I'll see you tomorrow at the GNO thing at the church. I'm so glad that you are coming!

Alison Ward said...

You guys look awesome! I got the Belle costume at a Disney Store. . . not sure they even have those around in UT anymore? I think they might have one at Fashion Place. But check online too, I bet they have them there. Glad you had a Happy Halloween, I know it's your favorite! Go Cavemen!!

Soosie said...

You guys look great together! I love Halloween, but didn't get to have much fun this year, with the barfing and all, so I love to see others have fun!
(p.s. my code to type in below is susen!)

Angela said...

Hey Misti! I found your blog through LaNea's. So fun to see your Halloween pictures! Love the one of you and Tom_ how funny! I'm so glad you guys are still in the ward- that must be hard though with how they split it. Our blog is jimmyandang.blogspot.com if you want to check it out!

condiefamily said...

I miss celebrating Halloween with the Sherwoods! Nobody loves Halloween as much as Misty does. Love the costumes-you'd fit in very well down here!

Lacey said...

You family looked awesome for Halloween!