Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Excited for a holiday!!!

We have been very busy over the last couple of weeks. That is a huge reason I am excited for the holiday break. Here is a quick recap:

-prepare for Cole's birthday (three parties)
-finish up cub scouts for Cole and Cody so they could earn their awards
-Cody's book report
-Cole's state report
-help Morgan disguise a turkey
-reflections
-take dinner to a friend who just had a baby
-normal life craziness: volunteering at the school, dinner, laundry, homework, exercise, Young Women's, etc.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE! He turned 11 on November 17th. I can't believe he is that old. Next year will be a big one. I have been staring at him closely lately and I can sometimes catch a glimpse of his two year old self. It makes me laugh when I see it. We watch alot of home videos of Cole when he was younger. They are the only home movies on tape that are easy to watch. All of the kids have them memorized. They are quite hilarious. I need to send some of them in to Funniest Home Videos. The other kids will have to wait years before they see themselves on home video.


We let Cole take a few friends to the movies for his birthday party. They went and saw the "Dark Knight." Parties are alot easier when they get older. They entertain themselves. Tom was wonderful to take them to the movies. Luckily the movie went to the dollar theater on the day we had the party. They all had a great time!


On Sunday we celebrated Cole's birthday with his cousin Reece who's birthday is on the 19th.


On his actual birthday the whole family went to dinner at a Chinese restaurant. Cole wanted shrimp(spoiled) and Tom suggested Chinese(inexpensive). Cole shares his birthday with his Grandpa Willie(Tom's dad). So we always celebrate them together on the actual day. Our families birthdays turn into weekend long celebrations. It's wonderful to have so much family that live close. Cole got a bit of everything clothes, a video game, movie and money.


Cole, Morgan and Cody all entered the Reflections contest at the school and they all received a medal and some gift cards for entering. We are very proud!


Cole received his Arrow of Light award in cub scouts. Last month he received his Webelos badge. I still can't believe he will be in Young Men's next year. Pack meeting was held on Friday, Nov. 21st and I gave up my ticket to see Twilight so I could see my sons receive their awards. Tom was planning to go to the High School state Football championship game this night also. The things we sacrifice for our kids! Their definitely worth it!


I am a very proud mom! Cub scouts is alot of work for moms.(he,he) We actually have really awesome scout leaders in this ward and I didn't have to help with much. My boys are awesome!


Cody received his wolf badge. Good job Cody!


I made rolls for a family party and they turned out delicious. I let the dough rise longer than needed and this is what I found in the kitchen.


Cody and his friend Gage in the 3rd Grade Thanksgiving program. It was a cute program. Cody had a part in the skit and he was adorable!


Cole is sitting on his desk at school showing his report on Hawaii. He loves it when his mom comes into his class and takes pictures.(ha,ha)

6 comments:

Alison Ward said...

What a fun couple weeks, you busy mom! How did your hair get so long so fast! It's like I've been gone years :( miss you guys, happy turkey day!

Soosie said...

Wow, you sure accomplish a lot! I love to see your updates! Happy Thanksgiving to your family!

Sharlynn said...

Just saw your name on LaNae's blog and thought I would check yours out. I have to say that I love the over flowing dough. That is funny! I am so excited to get to know you better and be in YW with you. You have always struck me as such a great person. I am sure I have much to learn from you.

Unknown said...

Misti!

It is Christina Tervort!!! How the heck are you!? I saw your comment on Jamies blog so of course I came to see you!
I can't believe how big your boys are getting! I am very impressed you gave up your Twilight tickets for your kids -- I dare say I may not have been so flexable :) Come and visit me at my blog!

kamikae said...

Gotta love the state report. Sometimes homework seems like mom work. lol You look so pretty in that picture with your kids. Oh, I really need to find a way to come help out in Jada's class. She keeps saying that she is the only one whose mom doesn't come to her class. I'm such a bad mom lately. So will you call me sometime so I can figure this out? 885-5957.

JJJAM&S said...

HI! It was fun seeing "my first Saratoga Springs friend" last weekend. I can't believe that Cole is going to be a YM.