Thursday, September 4, 2008


Well my baby is now four years old and I'm freaking out. Cael's birthday was on August 27th. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday he said, "a Lightning McQueen bat". At least it was a better answer than "I dunno know". Who knows if there is such a thing. I don't have time to search store after store. I knew he would be happy with anything to do with the Cars movie. I found him a little Lightning McQueen portable computer with fun games and a keyboard that he can learn on. I thought it would be the perfect present for him. He rarely plays with toys and is always asking if he can play a game. He knows how to play Sorry and Yahtzee and will finish a whole game. He loves it. Usually at that age they get sidetracked easily. Anyway the present was a hit and all of his siblings have been fighting over it. I'm sure the novelty of it will wear off soon as with everything. I decided to go with the whole "Cars" theme for his party. It is the first time I have ever bought a specialty cake. I thought what the heck it's my baby. We usually buy the big Costco cakes that are pre-decorated. It turned out really cute with Lightning McQueen (of course). Cael actually got two parties. One for each side of the family. He got new clothes, a "cars" flashlight, motorized cars, candy, ball and a plain black bat. He never said a word about it not being a Lightning McQueen bat. I knew he would be happy with anything. He had a fun birthday celebrating with all his cousins. He got to share one party with his cousin Tanner whose birthday is a few days after his. He really does look and act older. I think there is something about turning four. I'm ready for a new baby!

8 comments:

Misty Anderson said...

That is awesome! I remember when he was in your belly and you were about ready to pop! Wow how time flies!

condiefamily said...

4?!? How did that happen? Certainly you miscounted! Glad he had an awesome birthday...

kellebelle said...

Oh, Misti, I can NOT believe he is that old. But look at that face--you can tell he had a great time!

Soosie said...

I know what you mean, Misti...my baby is 5!! I am also ready for another baby, but it isn't as easy as it used to be! I never had to wait before!

Kristin said...

Cael is such a cutie. We just saw you guys and I miss you already.

day in the life of a prince said...

Hey Misti, this is Bonnie Prince. I can't believe how big all of your kids are! It's amazing!!

Kari said...

wow! I can't believe he's already 4! Time sure flies!! I was ready for a baby once Kaitlyn was 3, now she's 4 1/2 and I'm getting Two!

kamikae said...

I feal exactly the same way. It is so weird that Logan is four. It seems like my oldest was just four. Crazy!! I'm glad he had a wonderful birthday.